Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rachel's Baby Shower

We had a great time!

It rained, and that sucked. There was even thunder and a bit of lightning involved. We were supposed to be having a picnic in my big back yard. There were freshly stained adirondack chairs and a pressure washed picnic table and back patio, picnic blankets and of course the appropriate yummy picnic fare. So, we all had to squeeze into my living room (roughly 15 or so people) for the festivities. It wasn't ideal, but it worked!

I had a great time catching up with some friends I haven't seen in some time and ooohing and awwwwing over tiny baby things! Of course Rachel was spoiled rotten, as is the purpose of baby showers after all! Now she just need a little Landon James around to be able to enjoy the loot.

Once most everyone had left we had one last surprise for Rachel. I worked with three wonderful friends that don't live locally. Two of them even arranged ahead of time to send me their presents. So, once things quieted down I brought out the laptop, so that they could 'attend' her shower via webcam. They got to watch her open their gifts and say hello. It was SO sweet of them to want to be involved. Oh, and you should have seen Rachel cry. She was SO surprised! I knew I would get tears out of her! ;)

Congrats again, Rach!

No comments:

Post a Comment