Monday, July 23, 2012

37 Weeks - FULL TERM

We've made it. As of today we are officially considered full term. Should she choose to arrive, no one would do a darn thing to stop her (least of all - ME). Granted, it could still be another month before she decides she's ready, we're just going to kick back and hope she's feels motivated sooner, rather than later.

This past week was full of awesomeness. I intended to keep you posted on the shenanigans as they took place, but we were just too busy!

This week my boss was in town (Hi KM!) and I love it when she's here. This time, she even threw me a baby shower. I have to start by saying, I could not work with a greater group of women. You would think a couple dozen women in a confined space would spell disaster - as it typically does - but no. They're smart, talented, strong, awesome people. And to have such an great group be so excited for our little family, just means all that much more to us. I would have felt over the moon and spoiled with cake and quality time, but no - they wouldn't stand for that. We got SPOILED.

I mean it - from adorable clothes, helpful mom-approved products, toys, diapers, etc. Also, you may or may not have heard me talk about THE curtains. They're from Anthropologie (one of my favorite stores ever) and were the perfect shade of coral - which I'm sure you can imagine is hard to find. Basically they were the curtains all other curtains were compared to - unfortunately just curtains that lived not in our budget! My lovely ladies pitched in and saw to it that Lily's room not be decked out in less:




















How awesome is that?

Thursday was our 4th wedding anniversary. We played it pretty low-key that day, but had a great dinner with friends. Friday was the 11th anniversary of our first date! We also had a doctors appointment and an ultrasound to see Miss Lily. Doc had great things to say about her and I - both healthy! He took some measurements, checked her out, and estimates that right now she is about 6 1/3 pounds. Gaining approximately 1/3 of a pound each week from here on out - we're looking at about a 7 1/2 pound baby - give or take. Perfect! (I mean really, were we expecting any less??) 

Saturday brought another day of fun - my best girlfriends threw me a shower at the park. You would not believe the decor:

GORGEOUS! 
It was great to spend time with my girlfriends and see how much they already love our daughter. We couldn't possibly be any luckier. They too saw fit to spoil her - more diapers, great books, cute clothes, and delicious baby smelling bath products. Even some handmade items - a cozy blanket and this gorgeous matching set for Lily and I:

Hand painted by the talented Chelsi (Chelsi Lees Designs - FB - Etsy). I cannot be the only one that is crazy jealous of her artistic skills.

Saturday afternoon Jeremy and I left for Semiahmoo for the night. We had a great dinner, relaxed overlooking the water, and even spent time floating in the pool. Floating may be my new favorite past time - such relief! Sunday morning we really topped things off and got massages before heading home. It was an amazing little escape before Lily joins us. We couldn't have asked for better quality time together.

It may have been one of the greatest weeks of my life. So much fun, love, and quality time with some of my favorite people.

Folks, I think we're officially ready. C'mon baby girl!






37 Weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment