Friday, January 30, 2009

Earthquake

Apparently we had an earthquake in our area at 5:25 this morning. Thankfully, it was minor (a magnitude 4.5). I say 'apparently' because I was in our vanpool on the way to work this morning when it happened, so I was none the wiser until I got to the office and some folks were chatting about it. What is interesting to me is where this one was centered.


The earthquake was centered 14 miles NW of Seattle, or 7miles N of Kingston for those that know where that is. Basically it was just a handful of miles west of us (as the crow flies).

I am grateful that it was minor, but I must say that I'm am slightly disappointed that I missed it! Yes, I know, I'm weird. But did you really need further proof that I'm a little off? :)

1 comment:

  1. Nope, no further proof required!

    It apparently happened at about 5:25 - my alarm went off at 5:30 and Tay was in the shower - neither of us felt it but Ryan did.

    ReplyDelete