Friday, March 13, 2009

Best Day of Work in a Long Time

Yesterday I spent the entire morning/afternoon downtown at a lecture. The lecture was being done by Bruce Tulgan (internationally recognized as the expert on the multigenerational workforce). There is nothing quite like starting the day with a nice walk downtown and a latte and croissant from my favorite french cafe (Le Panier at Pike Place), that I enjoyed while looking out at the Sound and the ferries. Of which was followed by an intellectually stimulating lecture (whos topic I believe will help address some of my current frustrations in 'Corporate America'), and lunch on the sunny steps of SAM (Seattle Art Museum). What a phenomenal day. I haven't felt that relaxed and happy during a days-work in a LONG time. LOVED IT.

(Oh, and if you are so inclined, you should really check out a couple of his books - Not Everyone Gets a Trophy, and It's Okay to be the Boss are two I find very valuable)

No comments:

Post a Comment