Monday, March 19, 2012

19 Weeks

Our babe is about 6 inches long (head to rump) and weighs approx. 8.5oz. A half pound! Or, about the size of a mango. His/Her (last week we'll say that!) legs and arms are now proportionate. This week, he/she is also working to form the waxy protective coating (vernix) to protect its skin and prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Today is a big day - our big anatomy scan! This evening we will know if we are growing a baby girl or a baby boy. We've been waiting patiently (ha!) for this day to get here. I cannot wait to associate these kicks and bumps with a particular he or she. Also, I cannot wait to go shopping!

This week we will start to select the paint color for the nursery as well. Jeremy started this weekend by painting the ceiling, the first real work we've done in that room. He's very excited to continue the project. I am very grateful he's so willing to do the bulk of the heavy lifting.


Kicks and flutters are much more frequent now! Some of them are even strong enough to startle me or make me jump. I was convinced that a few were strong enough, but Jeremy laid patiently with his hand on belly and we're still too early. This kid packs a punch! While I don't feel like my belly is poking out any more, I do feel as though I'm filling in. We can pretend I don't look tired, but I am! Here we are at 19 weeks:

Tomorrow will come the big gender reveal! So, if you want to cast your vote, hop to!

No comments:

Post a Comment