Monday, March 26, 2012

20 Weeks!

Theoretically today marks our half-way point in this pregnancy! It's a little bizarre to think that we're here already. We still have a lot to accomplish in the next 20(ish) weeks, but I'm happy to report that things are starting to take shape.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am that Jeremy is already nesting. He has been super motivated and tackling all of our house projects over the last week. The thing I love most is how excited he is! He's genuinely enthusiastic about doing things like installing new shower heads and picking out paint. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way! I am a lucky girl.

This weekend we selected our wall color and Jeremy is already done painting! Choosing a color was tricky. Especially since we haven't picked out our bedding. We love it, and I'm certain we'll find plenty of bedding/fabric to complete our vision for Lily's room.

The color we chose is a very light blue (with a hint of green). It will go really nice with the white board and batten that we hope to start next weekend.  Jeremy really liked the idea of doing blue, even for a little girl, and I'm glad he stuck to his guns. Just don't tell him he was right, it goes straight to his head!
















As some of you may know, I'm a bit obsessed with Pinterest lately. My addiction as proved very useful these last few weeks in collecting inspiration for Lily's nursery. This vase gives the perfect inspiration for the color scheme the room will be based on:

 (source: Anthropologie)

Add to that some tans, sage greens, and maybe a yellow or two - and you'll start to get the idea. We're very excited to see it all come together. Although we may have a lot of work ahead of us, I think our plan is really starting to take shape. We look forward to bringing it to you as we go!

Here I am, 20 Weeks:
Happy half way point, Miss Lily Jo!

4 comments:

  1. For bedding, Serena and Lilly is a great place to look! Just google!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy halfway!! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CanNOT wait to give li'l Lily Jo a big kiss on her sweet cheek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jen! Their stuff is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete