Monday, March 5, 2012

17 Weeks

This past week brought a special milestone - I felt the baby move for the first time! After reading what those first movements could feel like, I lay in bed each night and patiently wait to see if anything would happen. I don't feel him/her every time I try, but I have a couple times now and it is amazing. Those first movements felt like a little bubble or popcorn popping. It is definitely something that I will never forget! I am so thrilled for Jeremy to get to share this experience soon.

At 17 weeks our baby is about 5 inches long and weighs about 5 ounces. He or she is about the size of an onion, or your hand all spread out. This week the baby's skeleton is changing from cartilage to bone. He or she is also starting to accumulate some fat! Nothing quite like a chubby baby, or an excuse for a bite or two of ice cream. Right?

I don't feel like my bump has changed a lot this week, but here it is!
We have an appointment tomorrow and two weeks from today is our big anatomy scan! Big things are right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment