Monday, August 13, 2012

40 Weeks

We made it!

Today we start our 40th, and hopefully final, week of pregnancy. Tomorrow is our due date (not sure how the weekly updates and our due date are not synced up, but I don't have the energy to care much about it either!) and also our next weekly appointment. While we are certainly ready for her to arrive any time, we're trying our best to be patient. If we can avoid evicting her before she is ready (induction), we'd like to. So long as she and I remain healthy (and her daddy keeps what's left of his sanity/patience - he's currently tapping his foot louder than I am!) than we're prepared to wait her out. And wait. And wait.

Not a lot has changed for Lillian - other than she continues to grow and mature while she makes us all await her entrance. She's still moving around like a champ, but now with quite a bit more force and power than her smaller self. While I'm certain she doesn't have a lot of space, she does what she needs to be cozy, my organs and skin be damned. Stubborn and strong willed... I cannot image who she got that from (her dad, of course).

I have been able to accomplish a few things - picked up some last minute items from the store with my mom (breast pump shopping is intimidating!), hung a few more things and organized Lily's closet... small projects that are keeping me occupied. Jeremy continues with his projects as well and I'm helping as much as I can (or I should say - as much as he'll let me!). He's done more work to organize our garage, is still working on the back porch (sanding, etc), and countless other small to-do's he is able to check off around the house. Hopefully getting out of our way a few distractions, so that we're ready for nothing but quality bonding time once Lily arrives.

I'm still getting around pretty well. The extra rest I've had these last few days has made a world of difference for my stress levels and general mental health. I am still getting up 3-4 times a night, but being able to sleep longer and rest more throughout the day is invaluable. It's amazing what a full 8 hours of sleep does for a person. I really cannot complain. We are so grateful to have made it to the marathon's finish line. There is a healthy baby girl in this tummy and our biggest 'problem' is being patient until she gets motivated and working to stay comfortable. I'd say that's pretty much the most wonderful problem a person can have.

Here I am at 40 weeks:

And for good measure, I thought I would throw in a couple more comparisons, just for fun. Who knows, they may be our last!

 At 20 weeks, we'd just found out we were having a baby girl and the nursery preparations began. 
At 30 weeks, I remember feeling GIANT. Oh the chuckle that gives me today.
And now, at 40 weeks, I look like that I could topple over with a breeze from the right angle!

The changes my belly has seen in just the last 10 weeks is remarkable. I don't even think I realized how much she (and I!) have grown in the last handful of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment