Thursday, August 9, 2012

Doctors Appointment Update

We had our weekly visit with the doctor yesterday (Wednesday). In addition to our normal measurements and heart rate monitoring, I had my first internal exam. He was checking to see if I was dilated and the general status of my cervix.

He swiped my membranes and determined I was about 1 - 1 1/2cm dilated and 80-90% effaced... follow that? Basically my cervix is almost all the way thinned out (the 'tunnel' is 80-90% gone) and open about 1 - 1 1/2 cm. He described it as very soft. All of these things are good. However, they really don't mean anything. I've had plenty of girl friends who walked away from exams 3+ cm dilated and stayed that way for weeks. I was only 1 or so cm and I could have this baby tonight. Only Lily knows for sure!

Oh, and HOLY COW no one warned me it would hurt so bad! He really rooted around in there and coupled with the back spasm I had from laying on the table... I was a hot mess. Not my most pleasant visit.

We talked about my general status and the doc determined that I needed to be done working. I am not getting enough rest, and coupled with everything else, it was time for me to take it easy. Which is not something easy for me to do! So, I drove to work today, doctors note in hand, wrapped up a few things with my replacement... and they gave me the boot.

I truly love my coworkers. I have the most supportive peers and managers. I could not have a greater group of friends at work. To think the next time I will see them, I will be a mom. WOW. Thank you! I truly appreciate all of you.

Now, we wait.

Hopefully she doesn't keep us in suspense too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment